The Tom Leon Charitable Foundation has established The Tom Leon Family Support Fund, which is administered by The Angel Foundation for Learning. This fund will be available for several TCDSB students whose families, due to exceptional circumstances, require financial assistance and/or other support to promote their health and well-being.
In order for the neediest students to be assisted, TCDSB Social Work staff will be involved in the preparation of the applications for funding. In most cases, the applicant will be a student known by the social worker or will have been referred by the local school principal.
- Must be a registered student of TCDSB
- Demonstrate financial need
- Must directly benefit student(s)
- Please submit your request on The Angel Foundation for Learning Application for Funding form and forward to John Wilhelm, Social Work Department, CEC.
- Please include circumstances of the student/family situation that have led to necessary support (e.g. home fire, illness, emergency relocation).
- The request cannot exceed $1000.00 and might be dispersed in increments as necessary throughout the calendar year.
- This emergency fund does not provide money for items that are the responsibility of the school or school board such as textbooks, supplies or equipment.
- The Angel Foundation for Learning will inform The Tom Leon Charitable Foundation Board of Directors to ensure that financial supports are being allotted as intended and will from time to time consult with the Leon Board of Directors to assist with the distribution of funds or other supports.
- In most cases, a cheque will be issued to the School Social Worker or School Principal. Receipts after purchase are required and must be returned to Social Work Department.