This fund was originally established through a generous donation from The Tom Leon Charitable Foundation and administered by The Angel Foundation for Learning. We are happy to announce that we have partnered with De La Salle College, who will be holding fundraisers throughout the year to support this fund.
This fund will be available for TCDSB students whose families, due to exceptional and sometimes catastrophic circumstances, require financial assistance and/or other support to promote their health and well-being.
In order for the neediest students to be assisted, TCDSB Social Work staff will be involved in the preparation of the applications for funding. In most cases, the applicant will be a student known by the social worker or will have been referred by the local school principal.
- Must be a registered student of TCDSB
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Funding must directly benefit student(s)
Guidelines for Requesting Funds
- Please submit your request on The Angel Foundation for Learning Family Support Fund for Extreme Needs application form and forward to John Wilhelm, Social Work Department, CEC.
- Please include circumstances of the student/family situation that have led to necessary support e.g. home fire, illness, emergency relocation…
- The request cannot exceed $1000.00 and might be dispersed in increments as necessary throughout the calendar year. Receipts must be submitted to Jennifer Tocci once the money is spent.
- This emergency fund does not provide money for items that are the responsibility of the school or school board such as textbooks, supplies or equipment.
- The Angel Foundation for Learning will report how the funds were allocated on a yearly basis to De La Salle College.
- Indicate to whom the cheque should be addressed: School Social Worker; Institution; School… and to where the cheque should be sent. Payment will not be made directly to the student or family.