Guidelines for Requesting Funds
The Loretto Sisters have a long history of helping refugees and recent immigrants settle into their new life in Canada. This fund will support TCDSB students who are new comers to Canada.
- Please submit your request on The Angel Foundation for Learning’s The Loretto Fund application form after discussion with and approval from the Social Worker Vettor for your area.
- Students must have arrived in Canada within the past 5 years; include proof of arrival in Canada.
- Receipts must accompany the application form.
- The request cannot exceed $150 per student; exceptional circumstances may be considered up to $300 upon authorization by the AFL Executive Director.
- Group requests (5 students or more) will be considered to a maximum of $500 per school per year.
- This fund may be used to offset costs for newcomers to participate in school events including, but not limited to:
Compliance with school dress code
- Indicate to whom the cheque should be addressed: School Social Worker; Institution; School… and to where the cheque should be sent. Payment will not be made directly to the student or family.
- Once the application has been approved please submit to, The Angel Foundation for Learning, CEC, Attention: Jennifer Tocci, Office Manager.