The Tandia Credit Union (formerly the Teachers Credit Union) established this bursary, which is awarded to a Grade 12 graduate of a TCDSB secondary school in order to help defray the cost of post-secondary school education. This bursary is administered through the Angel Foundation for Learning.
A bursary for $1,000 is presented annually to a graduating student, who requires financial assistance in order to pursue post‐secondary studies at a college or university and has made outstanding contributions to their school community.
This bursary will be based on the following criteria:
• ‘B’ average or higher
• Financial need
• Overall contribution to the school and community
• Acceptance into a post-secondary institution
For each application the following is required:
• A completed application form
• A letter of application from the student
• A letter of recommendation from the school principal or designate, which outlines contributions to the school and community and which states the nature of the financial need (Please include as much detail as appropriate)
• Evidence of acceptance into a post-secondary institution
Forward completed applications to The Angel Foundation for Learning. The Selection Committee, which includes members of Tandia, will review all applications and make a decision regarding the recipient of the bursary by the end of the second week in June.
Enquiries regarding the bursary may be made to Marisa Celenza at 416.222.8282 ext. 2195 / email@example.com