This bursary recognizes the contributions of Sandra Montgomery. Following an exemplary career of 35 years of service with the Toronto Catholic District School Board Sandra’s last assignment was Superintendent of Special Services, a position for which she was destined. Her unwavering commitment and compassion for students with special needs has been the cornerstone of her career. A fitting legacy, this bursary benefits students with special needs.
B. DESCRIPTION OF THE BURSARY
This bursary provides support for a secondary student with special needs who is unable to participate in community-based programs because of financial hardships. The recipient is given $500 to help defray the cost of admission to a program such as St. Jude Academy of the Arts or other community based programs.
• This bursary is made available to secondary students with special needs who would benefit from additional social and recreational opportunities that community-based programs can provide.
• Financial need and/or personal challenges
• Acceptance into a community-based program
D. APPLICATION PROCESS
For each application the following is required:
• A completed application form
• A letter of application from the student
• A personal letter of recommendation from the school principal or designate, which outlines contributions to the school and community and which states the nature of the financial need and/or personal challenges (Please include as much detail as appropriate)
• A letter from the parents indicating the type and duration of the community-based program
E. SELECTION PROCESS
Selections will be made by a committee comprised of Sandra Montgomery and staff of The Angel Foundation for Learning. Recipients will be notified by mail. Please send the completed application to Jessica Colucci, The Angel Foundation for Learnin
F. CONTACT PERSON
Enquiries regarding the fund may be made to Jessica Colucci, The Angel Foundation for Learning at 416.222.8282 ext. 2205 / email@example.com
More information on the application process coming soon!