History & Bursary Description
This scholarship honours the memory of Barry Diemert, a former TCDSB superintendent. Barry was passionate in his belief that the lives of every student should experience the enrichment of music. Barry will always be remembered for his love of music and the dedication and excellence he brought to music education throughout the TCDSB.
Thanks to a generous bequest by Bob Wilson, a former TCDSB employee, The Angel Foundation for Learning is able to offer a scholarship of $1,000 to help a student experiencing financial need with tuition fees. The successful applicant will be a graduating student planning to pursue studies in Music at the post-secondary level.
Selection of the successful candidate will be based on the following criteria:
- student has shown excellence in their music studies;
- description of financial need and/or personal challenges in order to pursue studies in Music at the post- secondary level;
- overall contribution to the school and community; and
- acceptance into a post-secondary institution in the area of music.
Application must be completed with all of the following criteria for consideration of this bursary:
- the completed and signed application form;
- a personal cover letter, which outlines contributions to the school and community; states the nature of the financial need; includes as much detail as appropriate;
- two letters of recommendation: one from the student’s music teacher and another from the principal or designate detailing the student’s achievements and work habits in music as well as school and/or community involvement; and
- confirmation/evidence of acceptance into a post-secondary institution.
The successful candidate will be approved by the Board of Directors of The Angel Foundation for Learning, upon the recommendation of the review committee. This committee will include members of the Wilson family as well as the TCDSB Music department. The successful candidate will be notified in early June. Please note the cheque for the successful applicant will be written to the university, college or program, which the student will be attending.
For further information contact
- Marisa Celenza at 416.222.8282 ex 2195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jennifer Tocci at 416.222.8282. ext, 2844 or email@example.com.