This fund, created to honour the memory of Melina De Meneghi is available for TCDSB students who require financial assistance to pay for prescription eyeglasses. Born on May 27, 1936 in Italy, Mrs. De Meneghi required glasses from a very early age. A passionate seamstress in Italy, Mrs. De Meneghi came to Canada in 1963.
By 2004 Mrs. De Meneghi’s vision deteriorated drastically and she developed glaucoma and cataracts. A mere one year later, her vision was minimal. In 2005, Mrs. De Meneghi had cataract surgery to correct her ailing vision. On September 15, 2006 at the age of 70, Mrs. DeMeneghi passed away of cancer.
- Please submit your request on the Melina De Meneghi Vision Fund application form and forward to Marisa Celenza, Executive Director, The Angel Foundation for Learning, CEC.
- Indicate the optical institution/dispenser to which the cheque should be addressed or if pre-paid by the school, the name of the local school.
- The Angel Foundation for Learning will fund up to a maximum of $150.00 toward the cost of eyeglasses.
- Requests for the same student are limited to one request every two years.
- An optician, optometrist or ophthalmologist must prescribe corrective lenses. Requests for funding will be reviewed on a first come first served basis.
- Receipts must accompany this request or be sent in once the product is purchased.