Guidelines for Requesting Free Eyeglasses
The Optical Department of Loblaw Companies Limited is pleased to provide The Angel Foundation for Learning vouchers for their “Kids See Free” program. When it comes to learning, vision is an important sense, and it is Loblaw’s goal to ensure that school aged children in Canada requiring corrective lenses have a current pair of eyeglasses. This program will provide children with the best opportunity for success at school. The “Kids See Free” program provides one pair of free eyeglasses to any child, aged 4 – 19, who is determined by the school social worker and/or the school principal to be in need.
Any child aged 4 to 10 or with a completed voucher (up to the age of 19), is eligible to get a pair of eyeglasses for FREE from us at Loblaw Optical. We are happy to be offering this amazing program to kids in need. A current prescription is required, which for the purposes of this program is within 90 Days and has not received a free pair in the last 365 days of the order date. Children can choose any frame up to $49 in the store and the lenses will be polycarbonate (lightweight, impact resistant, “kid’s safe” lenses) with a basic scratch resistant coating. The Eyeglasses will carry our regular warranty – one year against manufacturer’s defect on the frame, no warranty on lenses with basic SRC. There are no lens changes permitted as part of this program. All lenses provided will be polycarbonate. Lens Coatings Upgrades are extra
• Any frame up to the value of $49 is fully covered.
• Upgrade is available by paying the difference in frame cost.
• Free frame is not eligible for the “Free Replacement” however the $25 Frame Warranty is applicable.
• If patient pays for an upgrade on the frame the “Free 1st time replacement” is applicable.
How the program works:
- For a child aged 4 to 10, direct the parent to a Loblaw Optical Centre.
- For a student aged 11 to 19, complete the application form attached to receive a voucher for the Loblaw “Kids See Free” Eyeglasses Fund.
- The voucher will be completed with the Student’s name and the school name and sent to the Social Worker or the Principal submitting the request. The Social Worker or the Principal will provide the voucher to the Parent or Guardian of the student. The Parent or Guardian will bring the voucher to the nearest Loblaw Optical location to be redeemed for a free pair of eyeglasses. Note: Loblaw Optical locations are listed on the voucher
Forward the application form to Marisa Celenza, Executive Director, The Angel Foundation for Learning, CEC.
Note: Loblaw has provided The Angel Foundation for Learning numbered vouchers that are solely for the use of students in the Toronto Catholic District School Board.