TCDSB students demonstrating artistic ability in Visual Arts, Music, Drama or Dance can apply for up to $500 to develop their talents. The Angel Foundation for Learning wants students who have been identified with artistic talents to have the opportunity to develop these talents regardless of the family’s ability to pay for lessons or materials. This fund is made available due to a generous bequest from Bob Wilson, a former TCDSB/MSSB employee, who had a passion for the Arts.
Guidelines for requesting support:
- This fund is provided to enable students demonstrating financial need to pursue their talents in the Arts.
- Please submit your request on The Angel Foundation for Learning Arts Fund application form after discussion with and approval from the Social Worker Vettor for your area.
- The request cannot exceed $500 per student per school year. Requests for funding will be considered on an individual basis at the monthly Angel Foundation for Learning Executive Meeting. Schools will be notified if the request is accepted or denied. In some cases further information may be required.
- Funds may be used to cover registration fees, materials, musical instruments, lessons and/or other requirements of the program the student wishes to pursue. Preference will be given to programs which do not greatly exceed $500.
- This fund does not provide money for items or programs, which are the responsibility of the School or School Board, such as instruments for instrumental music programs, art supplies for classroom use …
- Payment will be made directly to the Arts program, business or school once an invoice or a receipt of payment is received by The Angel Foundation for Learning. Payment will not be made directly to the student or family.
For further information, contact:
Marisa Celenza, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-222-8282 Ext. 2195.