Music students who have shown excellence in the area of their musical abilities, who are pursuing music studies at the post-secondary level.
Barry Diemert, a music aficionado, was a former superintendent of the TCDSB. Barry was passionate in his belief that the lives of every student should experience the enrichment of music. Administered by The Angel Foundation for Learning, The Barry Diemert Music Bursary is an annual award given to a successful graduate of the TCDSB wishing to pursue music education at a university, college or other post-secondary music school. Barry will always be remembered for his love of music and the dedication and excellence he brought to music education throughout the TCDSB.
The Barry Diemert Music Bursary is awarded to a TCDSB student who has shown excellence in their music studies and is currently attending a TCDSB secondary school. Final selection of the recipient will be made by the Diemert family and will be based on the following criteria:
• ‘B’ average or higher
• Financial need
• Overall contribution to the school and community
• Acceptance into a post-secondary institution in the area of music
For each application the following is required:
• The completed application form
• A letter of application from the student, which outlines contributions to the school and community and which states the nature of the financial need (Please include as much detail as appropriate)
• A letter of recommendation from the school principal or designate.
• A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s music teacher
• Confirmation/Evidence of acceptance into a post-secondary institution
All applications must be forwarded by the school to The Angel Foundation for Learning. The Selection Committee will review all applications and make a decision regarding the recipient of the bursary by the end of the second week in June.
Enquiries regarding the bursary may be made to Marisa Celenza at 416.222.8282 ext. 2195 or email@example.com