Immigrant/ESL students who have arrived in Canada within the past five years.
The Bacchelli Family Bursary is a special fund administered through The Angel Foundation for Learning. It is designated for a TCDSB student who is a recent immigrant to Canada working to achieve his or her educational dreams through post-secondary education. This bursary is designated to help alleviate some of the financial strain of post-secondary education for an immigrant student who requires financial assistance in order to pursue studies at a post secondary institution.
The Bacchelli Family Bursary is awarded to a TCDSB student who is a recent immigrant (within the last five years) to Canada and is currently attending a TCDSB secondary school. Final selection of the recipient will be made by the Bacchelli family and will be based on the following criteria::
• ‘B’ average or higher
• Financial need
• Overall contribution to the school and community
• Acceptance into a post-secondary institution
For each application the following is required:
• A completed application form
• A letter of application from the student
• A letter of recommendation from the school principal or designate, which outlines contributions to the school and community and which states the nature of the financial need (Please include as much detail as appropriate)
• Evidence of recent immigration to Canada (within the past five years)
• Evidence of acceptance into a post-secondary institution
All applications must be forwarded by the school to The Angel Foundation for Learning. The Selection Committee will review all applications and make a decision regarding the recipient of the bursary by the end of the second week in June.
Enquiries regarding the bursary may be made to Marisa Celenza at 416.222.8282 ext. 2195 or email@example.com