The Bacchelli Family Bursary is administered through The Angel Foundation for Learning. It is designated for a TCDSB student who is a recent immigrant to Canada working to achieve his or her educational dreams through post-secondary education. This bursary in the amount of $1,000 is designated to help alleviate some of the financial strain of post-secondary education for a recent immigrant, who requires financial assistance in order to pursue studies at a post-secondary institution.
Selection of the successful candidate will be based on the following criteria:
- demonstration of academic proficiency – ‘B’ average or higher;
- evidence of contribution to the school and/or community;
- description of financial need and/or personal challenges; and
- acceptance into a post-secondary institution.
Application must be completed with all of the following criteria for consideration of this bursary:
- the completed and signed application form;
- a personal cover letter, which outlines contributions to the school and community; states the nature of the financial need; includes as much detail as appropriate;
- two letters of recommendation from the following: the school principal or designate, employer, coach, department head, chaplain, support staff, teacher, priest, community leader; the letter should outline contributions to the school and community, and state the nature of the financial need;
- evidence of recent immigration to Canada (within the past five years); and
- confirmation/evidence of acceptance into a post-secondary institution.
The successful candidate will be approved by the Board of Directors of The Angel Foundation for Learning, upon the recommendation of the review committee. This committee will include members of the Bacchelli Family. The successful candidate will be notified in early June. Please note the cheque for the successful applicant will be written to the university, college or program, which the student will be attending.
For further information contact
- Marisa Celenza at 416.222.8282 ex 2195 or email@example.com.
- Jennifer Tocci at 416.222.8282. ext, 2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Due Date: Friday, May 11, 2018